(Download) CBSE Class-12 Sample Paper (Geography) 2014-15
There are 22 general questions.
Question nos. 1-7 are very short answer questions
carrying 1 mark each .Answer to these questions should not exceed 40 words.
Question nos. 8-13 are short answer questions carrying
3 marks each Answer to these questions should not exceed 80-100 words.
Question nos. 14 -20 are long answer questions carrying
5 marks each .Answer to these questions should not exceed 150 words.
Question no. 21-22 are related to identification or
locating and labeling of geographical features carrying 5 marks each.
Outline maps of the World and India provided to you
must be attached within you answer-book.
Use of templates or stencils for drawing outline maps
All questions are compulsory.
1. State any two features of KPO industry. 1
2. What are the implications of using ground water in drought
prone area of Rajasthan and Maharashtra? 1
3. What is the ‘open sky policy’ adopted by the Indian
4. On the basis of configuration and purposes, satellite
system in India can be grouped into two. Name them. 1
5. Explain the function of a Garrison town with the help of
an Indian example. 1
6. ‘Urban waste disposal is a serious problem in India.
’Suggest any two measures that we as citizens can take to solve this problem of
urban waste. 1
7. Study the map shown and answer the question: Name the state with the highest
density of roads. Explain giving reason. 1
8. “Knowledge of nature is important to develop technology
and technology loosens the shackles of environment on human beings”. Explain
this statement in the context of naturalization of humans and humanization of
9. Describe the two factors which affect the profitability of
mining operations. Name the two most popular methods of mining. 3
10. Discuss the reasons for the emergence of the Regional
Trade Blocs. 3
11. ‘The yield of the crops in India is low in comparison to
the international level’. Give three arguments in support of this statement. 3
12. Indian railway has replaced steam engines with diesel and
electric engines. Justify. 3
13. Explain the three sources, responsible for water
pollution by human beings in India. 3
14. The density of population around the world is dependent
on a variety of factors. Elaborate giving reasons. 5
15. Describe the characteristic features of modern large
scale manufacturing processes? 5