Sample Paper – 2012
Class – XI
Subject – Biology
01 Expand ICBN and ICZN.
02. What are phanerogams? What is the other name for them?
03. The term “cell is actually a misnomer”. Explain it in one sentence.
04. Why is the spleen known as blood bank?
05. Why slime moulds are called as fungus-animals?
06. Which hormone is known as an immunosuppressive and a stress hormone?
07. Name the enzyme secreted by the digestive system of a man to digest proteins
in acidic and alkaline
08. What are liverworts? Why are they so called?
09. What is GERL system? Give two functions of the related cell organelle?
10. What is a palindromic region of DNA? The adenine in a DNA molecule is 20%,
Find out the amount
of guanine in this DNA.