- Date Sheet
- Contact us
(Notification) CBSE: International Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling through Distance/Online Mode
Submitted by guru on Sat, 11/14/2009 - 10:58
Central Board of Secondary Education
CBSE/PRO/2009/P.R Circular 13.11.2009
Subject: International Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling through Distance/ Online Mode in Collaboration with Commonwealth of Learning (COL) - Sponsorship from the CBSE affiliated schools regarding.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCRT) has been offering a Post Graduate Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling for training professional counselors for schools and agency settings since last four decades.
The course is phased out in the following manner:
- Guided Self-Learning : 6 Months (Distance/Online)
- Intensive Practicum : 3 Months (Full-time contact programmer at the study centre
- Internship : 3 Months (in candidate’s home town)
Details of the course requirements, eligibility conditions, course fee, application from etc. are available on the NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in).
Candidates would be enrolled on regional basis at the six study centre located at NCERT headquarters at New Delhi and the Regional Institute of Education located at Ajmer. Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong. Selection to the course will be done on the basis of eligibility criteria and the selection test consisting of easy and interview at NCERT, New Delhi and regional centers during December.2009 after screening is done. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the selection test.
As a part of its Country Action Plan 2006-09 for India, COL has undertaken activities under the following items:
1. Quality Assurance
2. Teacher Development
3. Open/Alternative Schooling
4. Higher Education
5. ELearning for Education Sector Development
6. Learning and Skills for Livelihoods
7. Rural and Peri-Urban Community Development
8. National/International Community Development
9. Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth
10. Trans-national Programmes
11. Gender and Development
12. Health Welfare and Community Development
13. Environment Education
14. Good Governance
15. Educational Use of Mass Media and ICTs, and
16. Pan-Commonwealth Forum
- The last date for submission of application form is 20th November 2009.
- Candidates can send advance copy.
- For any clarification please contact : +91-11-26560620
- Extn. 347/348 (O), 9810237095 (M).