- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
(Practical) List of Experiments In Class 10 : Science MCQ Paper
List of Experiments In Class 10 : Science MCQ Paper
The following is the list of experiments for class 10
science MCQ paper.
1. To Prepare
a) A true solution of common Salt and alum
b) A suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
c) A colloidal solution of starch in water and egg albumin in water and distinguish between these on the basis of
ii) Filtration criterion
2. To prepare
a) a mixture
b) a compound .. using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguish between these on the basis of :
i) appearance i.e. homogeneity and heterogeneity
ii) behaviour towards a magnet
iii) behaviour towards carbon disulphide a solvant.
iv) effect of heat.
3. To carry out the following chemical reactions and record observations. Also identify the type of reaction involved in each case.
i) Iron with copper sulphate solution in water
ii) Burning of magnesium in air.
iii) Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid.
iv) Heating of lead nitrate
v) Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in water.
4. To verify laws of reflection of sound.
5. To determine the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
6. To establish the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
i) tap water
ii) strongly salty water, with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different solids.
7. To measure the temperature of hot water as it cools and plot a temperature- time graph.
8. To determine the velocity of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky.
9. To prepare stained temporary mounts of (a) onion peel and (b) human cheek cells and to record observations and draw their labeled diagrams.
10. To identify parenchyma and sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped muscle fibers and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides and to draw their labeled diagrams.
11. To separate the components of a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride (or camphor) by sublimation.
12. To determine the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
13. To test (a) the presence of starch in the given food samples, (b) the presence of adulterant metanil yellow in dal.
14. To study the characteristic of spirogyra/Agaricus, Moss/Fern, Pinus (either with male of female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of groups they belong to.
15. To observe and draw the given specimens – earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each specimen, record
(a) one specific feature of its phylum
(b) one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
16. To find the pH of the following sample by using pH paper / universal indicator
i) Dilute Hydrochloric acid
ii) Dilute NaOH solution
iii) Dilute Ehanoic acid solution
iv) Lemon juice
vi) Dilute sodium Bicarbonate Solution
17. To study the properties of acids and bases HCl & NaOH by their reaction with
i) Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
ii) Zinc metal
iii) Solid Sodium Carbonate
18. To determine the focal length of
i) Concave mirror
ii) Convex lens
By obtaining the image of a distant object
19. To trace the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
20. To study the dependence of current (I) on the potential difference (V) across a resistor and determine its resistance. Also plot a graph between V and I.
21. To determine the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series.
22. To determine the equivalent resistance of two resitors when connected in parallel.
23. To prepare a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
24. To show experimentally that light is necessary for photsynthesis.
25. To show experimentally that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
26. To study (a) binary fission in Amoeba and (b) budding in yeast with the help of preapred slides.
27. To determine the percentage of water absorbed by raisins.
28. To perform and observe the following reactions and classify them into :
i) Combination Reaction
ii) Decomposition Reaction
iii) Displacement Reaction
iv) Double Displacement Reaction
(1) Action of water on quick lime.
(2) Action of heat on ferrous Sulphate crystals
(3) Iron nails kept in copper sulphate solution.
(4) Reaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions.
29. a) To observe the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions.
i) ZnSO4 (aq.)
ii) FeSO4 (aq.)
iii) CuSO4 (aq.)
iv) Al2 (SO4)3 (aq.)
b) Arrange Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals in the decreasing order of reactivity based onthe above result.
30. To study the following properties of acid (ethanoic acid) :
ii) solubility in water
iii) effect on litmus
iv) reaction with sodium bicarbonate