- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
Search Books for CBSE, IIT-JEE Exams
(Model Paper) Andhra Pradesh Board Intermediate 2nd Year Model Question Papers (English-Part-I)
Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh
Time : 3 Hours
Max. Marks : 100
Section – A
I. Annotate any two of the following. 2 x 4 = 8 Marks
- There he was gladly accepted as a delegate and found himself lodged with the other oriental delegates to the parliament.
- ‘You are asking a profound question’. I’ve no idea who I am ! All my life I have been trying to find the answer. Are you sure you know who you are ?
- “He cried out on his mother. She’ll never know. You went on and on hitting. You were horrible. Why did you ?”
- He turned to look at his parents. They were not there, ahead of him.
II Annotate any two of the following. 2 x 4 = 8 Marks
- ….. the work was done _______
How soon my Lucy’s race was run
- I will shade in from the heat till he can bear,
To lean in joy upon our father’s knee.
- .… I am Indian, very brown, born in Malabar………
If you can trust yourself, when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too.
III Answer any two of the following questions in about 75 words each. 2 x 4 = 8 Marks
- Why aren’t we ready for an experiment of cloning the whole world ?
- What is the condition of the family living in a hut in a valley in Lithuania?
- What are the different objects that attract ‘the child’ at the fair ?
- How did ‘the tiger’ assure the public about their safety ?
IV Answer any two of the following questions in about 75 words each. 2 x 4 = 8 Marks
- Narrate the events that led to the death of the deer in ‘The Tiger and the Deer ?
- How does Kamala Das describe her English ?
- What kind of beauty is reflected in Lucy’s face ?
- What does the mother teach the little black boy ?
V Answer any one of the following question in about 150 words each. 1 x 8 = 8 Marks
- Who is Jim Hawkins ? Why is he eager to go to sea for the treasure hunt ? How does he boast of his courage and heroism ? In what way does Jim help the Squire and the Doctor ?
- What is the significance of the ‘black spot’ ? Describe the two incidents related to it.
- What do you know about the pirates from your study of the novel ?
Why do they often risk sea adventures ?
Section – B
VI Read the following passages carefully and answer the questions the follow : 5 x 1 = 5 Marks
1. One day, in my first job, a lady fell in love with me. It was quite unreasonable, of course, for I wasn’t wonderful: I was small and thin, and I weighed much the same as a largish duck-egg. I didn’t fall in love with her, or any thing like that. I got under the table, and stayed there until she went wherever she had to go to. I had seen an advertisement – ‘Smart boy wanted’, it said. My legs were the smartest things about me, so I went there on the run. I got the job. At that time there was nothing on God’s earth that I could do, except run. I had no brains, and I had no memory. But I had entered into this job.
- What was unreasonable for the author ?
- Why did he hide under the table ?
- What does the advertisement ask for ?
- He got the job, because he …… (choose the best one)
(a) had no brains
(b) had the smartest legs
(c) had no memory
(d) was small and thin
- How long did he hide under the table ?
2. I am not going to describe the voyage. It was fairly pleasant and we had few storms. The ship was a good ship, the crew were good sailors and the captain thoroughly efficient. But, before we reached Treasure Island, two or three things happened which should be mentioned. 5 x 1 = 5 Marks
- What does ‘it’ refer to ?
- What is the speaker going to describe ?
- Give two reasons why the voyage was pleasant.
- Few Storms means that _________________
- Give the antonym of ‘efficient’.
3. Read the following advertisement and answer the questions that follow. 5 x 1 = 5 Marks
- What product is advertised here ?
- Can this product be taken by children ?
- How many flavours of this product are available ?
- How long can it be kept on the shelf ?
- It’s a quality product because… (choose the best one)
(a) it is a product of A.P. Dairy Development Co-op. Fed. Ltd.,
(b) all these products are simply the best.
(c) It is produced under specific quality standards.
(d) It needs no refrigeration.
4. Study the following graph carefully and answer the questions that
follows. 5 x 1 = 5 Marks
Route of transmission – HIV prevalence in A.P. The total number of cases reported by 2001 is 12,000.
- How may possible risk factors are there in HIV infection in A.P. ?
- What is the major risk factor in HIV prevalence ?
- Can any one get HIV by sharing syringes ?
- How many cases for every 100 HIV+ are reported in children of parents with known Aids / HIV ?
- What is safe sex ? (choose the correct answer)
(a) Finding out about HIV from the sex partner.
(b) Knowing the family history of the sex partner.
(c) Avoiding indiscriminate sex.
(d) Using condoms for full protection in sex.
SECTION – ‘C’
VII. (a) Write a letter to your friend inviting him to attend your
sister’s marriage (You may make use of the following hints). 1 x 5 = 5 Marks
Hints : date and place of marriage – two days before – to help – stay for a few days – enjoy – looking forward to your coming.
Write a letter of complaint to the Station House Officer of Police Station
about the crime you witnessed (You may make use of the following hints)/
Hints : stabbing of a student – four members gang – in front of the college – time and date – all ran away – you saved the student – hospitalized.
(b) Write a Short paragraph of about 50 words on how to prepare tea for eight persons. 1 x 4 = 4 Marks
Write a short paragraph of about 50 words on fixing a blown fuse.
(c) Write a report on the following in about 75 words. 1 x 5 = 5 Marks
You have attended the programme, “An Evening with Bala Murali Krishna’. Report the programme for a local newspaper.
A train accident in which ten bogies were derailed and twenty persons were injured.
VIII. (a) Read the following hints and prepare a Curriculum Vitae. 1x 4 =
Hints: Osmania University 1999 – P.G. in Telugu – T. Raja Sekhar – Intermediate – Distinction in Intermediate – best bowler – Cricket – born on 15.12.1980 – Read books – music – 3 years experience as Teacher in govt. School.
(b) Fill in the blanks with suitable information.
Draw an amount of Rs. 2500 /- to send it to the Regional
Director, IGNOU, HYDERABAD. 1 x 4 = 4 Marks
(The student may use the numbers of the blanks and write answers.
There is no need to copy down the proforma)
(c) Imagine you are a doctor and complete the dialogue with your patient given below :- 1 x 3 = 3 Marks
- Good Morning, doctor
- ------!----------- ?
- I have a bad cold and cough.
- it has been almost three days since it started.
- --------------- twice a day for ________.
IX Read the following passage and make notes. 1 x 5 = 5 Marks
There are three main groups of oil – animals, vegetable and mineral. Great quantities of animal oil come from whales, those enormous creatures of the sea which are the largest remaining animals in the world. When the whale is killed, the blubber, a thick covering of fat is stripped off and boiled down. It produces a great quantity of oil which can be made into food for human consumption. The livers of the cod and halibut, two kinds of fish, yield nourishing oil. Vegetable oil has been known from very old times. No household can get on without it, for it is used in cooking. Perfumes may be made from the oils of certain flowers.
To the ordinary man, one kind of oil may be as important as another, but when the politician or the engineer refers to oil, he almost means mineral oil, the oil that drives tanks, aeroplanes and warships, motorcars and diesel locomotives. This is the oil that has changed the life of the common man. This kind of oil comes out of the earth. Because it burns well, it is used as fuel, and in some ways it is superior to coal.
X a) Match the words in column A with their meanings / definitions in column B. 1 x 5 = 5 Marks
- audience a) a lover of animals
- immune b) one act of fighting a war
- alluvium c) one who attends to teeth
- zoophilist d) a number of people listening to a concert or lecture v warfare e) free from infection
(f) a number of cavalry of soldiers
(g) soil washed down and carried away by rivers
(b) Identify the number of syllables in any 5 of the following words and say if they are monosyllabic, disyllabic or trisyllabic. ½ x 5 = 2 ½ Marks
- beat vi) love
- hair vii) memory
- English viii) confusion
- Politician ix) learn
- government x) danger
(c) Mark the stress for any five of the following words. ½ x 5 = 2 ½ = 5 Marks
- world ix) proceed