- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
Search Books for CBSE, IIT-JEE Exams
(Info) Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary education Board
About Gujarat Board:
"Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board" is the authority which
conducts the main and the supplementary public Examinations every year for the
SSC (Secondary School Certificate - Class X) and HSC (Higher Secondary School
Certificate - Class XII). The exams are conducted in the months of March and
October every year.
In the state of Gujarat, about 7 Lakhs students take these Exams every year in about 350 centers. The question papers are set in 6 languages Gujarati, Hindi, English, Marathi, Sindhi & Tamil. Apart from these above mentioned public exams, Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board conducts a "Talent Search" for students of Std VIII & IX in five major subjects every year.
Mission Vision and Objectives:
On the Board rests the responsibility of determining the policy-related, administrative, cognitive, and intellectual direction the State's higher educational system takes. Its brasstacks functions fall into three categories:
- ACADEMIC: Preparing the curricula & syllabi for secondary schools, recommending Text Books for Government approval, registering new Secondary Schools, maintaining a periodically updated register of secondary schools of the State, conducting inspection & supervision of secondary schools in the State, prescribing school timings, vacations, internal examinations & promotion rules, holidays, etc., advising the State Government on academic matters.
- EXAMINATIONS : Conducting Main and Supplementary public examinations every year in March and October, for SSC (Standard l0) and HSC (Standard 12).
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT: The R&D division of the Board takes up research projects, and publishes research papers. It conducts training courses for inspecting officers and teachers and other functionaries in of Secondary Education.
- To grant recognition to aspiring school.
- To prescribe courses and text books for High school and Intermediate level.
- To conduct High school and Intermediate Examination.
- To provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other Boards.
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board,
Sector 10, Near old Sachivalaya,
- Phone Number: (079) 23220538
- Email: gshseb_gnr[at]yahoo.in
- Website: http://www.gseb.org/gseb/index.htm