- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
Search Books for CBSE, IIT-JEE Exams
(Question Bank) Download Question Banks ICSE Class X English (History & Civics)
Download Question Banks ICSE Class X English (History & Civics)
Attempt all the questions from Part I (Compulsory). A total five questions are to be attempted from Part II, two out of three questions from Section A and three out of five questions from Section B.
The intended marks for questions or parts of questions are given in brackets.
PART I (30 Marks)
Attempt all questions from this Part
- Mention one advantage of the Lok Sabha.
- What is meant by the term Universal Adult Franchise?
- What is the term of office of a Rajya Sabha member?
- What is meant by a constituency?
- Who administers the oath of office to the President ofIndia?
- How many members can the Governor nominate to the Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council?
- Mention one difference in the election of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha members as far as the electorate is concerned.
- Mr. Dakaria, the Governor of Nagaland, wants to implement some administrative reforms in the tribal areas of his State.Can he do so? If so, which constitutional power will allow him to implement the reforms?
- Under what circumstances can the salaries and allowances of the Judges of the Supreme Court be reduced?
- Name the writ issued by the High Court which provides a remedy for a person who has been unlawfully detained in prison.
- Mention two acts against which Surendra Nath Banerjee protested.
- Name two fore-runners of the Indian National Congress.
- Name the Congress leader who died after being assaulted by the British in his demonstration against the Simon Commission.Mention one consequence of the protest against the Simon Commission's recommendation.
- On what assurances did Gandhiji withdraw the Civil Disobedience Movement?
- How was the army reorganized after the first war of Indian Independence?
- Name the last viceroy of India. State one of his proposals in regard to the Princely States.
- Why was the Berlin Blockade enforced by Russia? On what condition under the Berlin Accord, were the citizens of West Berlin allowed the privilege of visiting Eastern Berlin?
- Mention two proposals of the Wavell Plan.
- Mention any two aims of the i. League of Nations.