Download Question Banks ICSE Class X English (History &
Attempt all the questions from Part I (Compulsory). A total five questions are
to be attempted from Part II, two out of three questions from Section A and
three out of five questions from Section B.
The intended marks for questions or parts of questions are given in
PART I (30 Marks)
Attempt all questions from this Part
- Mention one advantage of the Lok Sabha.
- What is meant by the term Universal Adult Franchise?
- What is the term of office of a Rajya Sabha member?
- What is meant by a constituency?
- Who administers the oath of office to the President ofIndia?
- How many members can the Governor nominate to the Legislative Assembly
and the Legislative Council?
- Mention one difference in the election of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya
Sabha members as far as the electorate is concerned.
- Mr. Dakaria, the Governor of Nagaland, wants to implement some
administrative reforms in the tribal areas of his State.Can he do so? If so,
which constitutional power will allow him to implement the reforms?
- Under what circumstances can the salaries and allowances of the Judges
of the Supreme Court be reduced?
- Name the writ issued by the High Court which provides a remedy for a
person who has been unlawfully detained in prison.
- Mention two acts against which Surendra Nath Banerjee protested.
- Name two fore-runners of the Indian National Congress.
- Name the Congress leader who died after being assaulted by the British
in his demonstration against the Simon Commission.Mention one consequence of
the protest against the Simon Commission's recommendation.
- On what assurances did Gandhiji withdraw the Civil Disobedience
- How was the army reorganized after the first war of Indian
- Name the last viceroy of India. State one of his proposals in regard to
the Princely States.
- Why was the Berlin Blockade enforced by Russia? On what condition under
the Berlin Accord, were the citizens of West Berlin allowed the privilege of
visiting Eastern Berlin?
- Mention two proposals of the Wavell Plan.
- Mention any two aims of the i. League of Nations.