- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
(Syllabus) CBSE Syllabus of Biology for Class 12 | March 2009 Examination
Syllabus : CBSE Syllabus of Biology for Class 12 For March 2009 Examination
Class XII BIOLOGY
Time: 3 Hours
Marks : 70
Unit Marks 1. Sexual reproduction 12 2. Genetics and evolution 20 3. Biology and human Welfare 12 4. Biotechnology and its applications 12 5. Ecology and environment 14 TOTAL 70
I SEXUAL REPRODUCTION (35 Periods)
Pollination and fertilization in flowering plants. Development of seeds and fruits.
Human reproduction: reproductive system in male and female, menstrual cycle. Production of gametes, fertilization, implantation, ,embryo development, pregnancy and parturation. Reproductive health - birth control, contraception and sexually transmitted diseases.
II GENETICS AND EVOLUTION (45 Periods)
Mendelian inheritance. Chromosome theory of inheritance, deviations from Mendelian ratio (gene interaction- Incomplete dominance, co-dominance, complementary genes, multiple alleles). Sex determination in human beings: XX, XY. Linkage and crossing over. Inheritance pattern of haemophilia and blood groups in human beings. DNA: replication, transcription, translation. Gene expression and regulation. Genome and Human Genome Project. DNA fingerprinting. Evolution: Theories and evidences.
III BIOLOGY AND HUMAN WELFARE (35 Periods)
- Animal husbandry.
- Basic concepts of immunology, vaccines.
- Pathogens, Parasites.
- Plant breeding, tissue culture, food production.
- Microbes in household food processing, industrial production, sewage treatment and energy generation.
- Cancer and AIDS.
- Adolescence and drug/alcohol abuse.
IV BIOTECHNOLOGY AND ITS APPLICATIONS (30 Periods)
- Recombinant DNA technology.
- Applications in Health, Agriculture and Industry
- Genetically modified (GM) organisms; biosafety issues.
- Insulin and Bt cotton
V ECOLOGY & ENVIRONMENT (35 Periods)
- Ecosystems: components, types and energy flow.
- Species, population and community.
- Ecological adaptations.
- Centres of diversity and conservation of biodiversity, National parks and sanctuaries.
- Environmental issues.
(Class 12th) Other Syllabus :-
- English Core
- Business Studies
- Informatics Practices
- Political Science
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Practical and Project