- Sample Papers
- Date Sheet
Search Books for CBSE, IIT-JEE Exams
(Sample Paper) Summative Examination SQP For CBSE Class IX : TYPEWRITING ENGLISH OR HINDI CODE NO.354
Summative Assessment I for the first term (April – September, 2010)
One Theory Paper 2 hours 20 marks
One Practical Paper 1 hour 60 marks
A. Design of the Question Paper for the Theoretical Examination.
01. The question paper will include questions from the following topics
- Knowledge of Keyboard (second row, first row, third row and number row).
- Methods of Typewriting (Sight Method and Touch Method)
02. Weightage to different forms of questions.
|Forms of questions||Marks for each question||No. of questions||Total Marks|
|Very short answer||1||05||05|
Note: Internal choice is provided in the long answer question only.
B. Practical Examination - Keyboard Operation: words – 20 marks 1 Question 20 marks
Keyboard Operation: sentences – 40 marks 1 Question 40 marks
TIME : 2 hours Max. Marks 20
- This question paper has 11 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Questions from serial numbers 1 to 5 are of 1 mark each. Answer of these questions may be from one word to one sentence.
- Questions from serial numbers 6 to 10 are of 2 marks each. Answer of these questions should not exceed 60 words each.
- Question No.11 is a long answer question. Answer of this question should not exceed 120 words.
Q 1. How many keys are there on Home Row? 1
Q.2 How many methods of typewriting are there? 1
Q.3 Which key is used to typewrite the capital letters? 1
Q.4 How many rows are there on the Keyboard? 1
Q.5 Name the part used for leaving space between two words. 1
Q.6 What do you understand by Touch Method of Typewriting? 2
Q.7 What do you mean by Sight Method of typewriting? 2
Q.8 Name the Home Keys. 2
Q.9 Explain different line-spacing. 2
Q.10 Which alphabets are located on the Third Row of the Keyboard? 2
Q.11 Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Touch Method and Sight
Method of Typewriting.
Write short notes on any two: 2 ½ x 2 =5
a) Shift Key
b) Space Bar
c) Number Row
Time: 2 hrs. Max. Marks: 20
- Shift Key
- 4- Four
- Space Bar
- The method of operating the keys without looking at the Keyboard.
- The method of operating the keys by looking at the Keyboard
- Home Keys – a, s, d, f, ; , l, k, j
- There are 3 line-spacing i.e. single-line, double-line and triple-line spacing. However in modern typewriters, provision of half-line spacing is also there and the typewriting can be done in single, one and a half, double, two and a half and tripple line spacing.
- z, x, c,v, (,) Comma,(.) Full Stop, m, n, b.
- Explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of two Methods of
Typewriting i.e. Touch Method and Sight Method.
Two Short Notes: Award Two and a Half Marks for each correct Short Note.